Did you know that one of the most interesting meals offered by restaurants is Brunch? With breakfast being one of the top favorites for most people, brunches infuse it with lunch and it becomes a moment of complete freedom to create uncommon meals by talented chefs.
And when brunch takes place in a restaurant like Oceans 234, that are already making amazing dishes, you are in for a big surprise!
Surprised we were!
Deerfield Beach Restaurants – Let Your Mind Go Wild and Your Palate Enjoy It
I love eating regardless of the time of the day, but brunch is my favorite by far. There are four main reasons for it:
1. My two boys can eat breakfast all day long – They are extra picky when it comes to food but I know they will always find something on the brunch menu.
2. Since it is a combination of breakfast and lunch, we are able to order both without feeling weird.
3. Drinking alcohol doesn’t seem inappropriate.
4. It is a cool way to relax on a Sunday morning/afternoon.
We had been in Deerfield Beach before. We had dinner in another restaurant so we didn’t get to enjoy the town. But this time we were able to walk around this fun surf community with great shops after brunch.
Oceans 234 is a beachfront restaurant that is well known, mainly because of its executive chef, Victor Franco. After reading about it and speaking to my friends who have been there I was beyond excited to get there.
When we entered the first thing I noticed was the sushi bar. My ten year old boy is a self proclaimed sushi enthusiast and got extra happy as soon as he saw it too.
There are tables inside but the main seating area is in the back and has great views of the beach and pier. It felt like a perfect background for a brunch.
Just as I was told, food was amazing! It felt like I was in an edible art gallery. They had some of the best food mixes ever.
Get Ready for Brunch
The first thing I do when I walk into a new restaurant I ask about their specialty. After talking to the waitress and receiving some help from their Director of Marketing (Ashley) we ended up with a great list of recommendations.
1. Egg Croissant – It is not a brunch if you don’t get bacon and eggs. Plus, this allowed us an easy entrance into to the fusions.
2. Lobster Egg Benedict – I think the name of the dish speaks for itself.
3. Chicken and Waffles with strawberries and cream – I know! It sounds funky, but to my surprise all those flavors actually work well together.
4. Baby Spinach Salad with Brie – I used this dish as an entry point into the actual lunch food. It was light and flavorful and it really hit the spot.
5. Locally Caught Snapper – This was our grand finale! I am NOT a fish lover but it was baked and breaded in a delicious way with homemade mashed red potatoes.
Information for Visiting Oceans 234 in Deerfield Beach, Florida
It might seem like we had too much food but this was just the tip of the iceberg. The menu is diverse and includes tons of different flavors. I’m going back, and when I do, I’ll get a bit of the other stuff that wasn’t brought out.
It was also a great place for my boys. Since we were outside they were able to get some play time without bothering anyone.
Address: 234 N. Ocean Blvd. Deerfield Beach, FL 33441