The newly renovated Westin Portland in downtown Portland, Oregon, features beautifully modern updated rooms. The style is sophisticated and warm with decorations reflecting, appropriately enough, a Northwest theme. The hotel hosted #TNTPortland, a showcase for technology and travel hosted by TravelingMom and Techlicious. Find out more about the wonderful Westin.
Westin Hotel Features:
- Fitness Center, plus for $5 you can get New Balance athletic shoes, workout apparel and socks loaned to you for your stay.
- In room spa services
- Concierge services
- Signature Heavenly Beds
- Part of the Starwood rewards program
- Oversized bathrooms featuring the Heavenly Bath featuring dual showerheads, soaking tubs, glass enclosed showers, and spa-like bath amenities.
- iPod docking units
- 42″ LCD televisions
- Wired/wireless internet access
- Pet Friendly Hotel
- Disability Accessible Facilities
- Personalized Wake-Up Service
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Currency Exchange
- Valet Parking
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- 24-Hour Business Center
- Westin Kids Club Amenities
The Westin’s chef was on hand for a tutorial on how to make Thai Spiced Lettuce Wraps. We of course got to sample them and they were very yummy! Here is a little video of the recipe on how to reproduce these goodies at home.
Tech and Travel
Towards the end of the event, we were given the opportunity to talk with companies who had gift ideas and new technology goodies on hand to showcase.
Hasbro was one of these companies with their FurReal Friends to play with. Star Lilly the Magical Unicorn was one of their new toys. She was on display for us to see that any little girl would love to have her. Hasbro treated us attendees to our own FurReal friend to bring home and sample. We were each given an adorable little pug with the name of JJ (JJ My Jumpin’ Pug Pet). If you have seen any of the FurReal Pets, you know how cute this pug is!
This post was written by Jenn Derr.