If you like to have a lot of options on a vacation, West Virginia is the place. Find adventure activities, relaxing getaways, shopping and dining, or a spa and gentle mountain massage. It’s your time away, so make it count – come visit WV!
Since we live in the mountains, we know a lot about how to have fun outside. Our parks and forests are the perfect setting for some outdoor adventure and activity. From bikes to baseball, rafting to ropes courses, and literally everything in between that you can fit outside, we’ve got it.
Get here and get browsing! There aren’t many places that will have the diversity of specialty and antique shops, art galleries and craft fairs that we do. Plus, we have all of your favorite name brand stores from home. It’s the best of both worlds when you come for a shopping tour of West Virginia.
The setting is just as important as the food when you’re dining with us in the mountains. From fine dining to casual fare, you can find all kinds of tasty treats to delight the foodie in you. Not only are the restaurants worth visiting, but there are unique catering options for weddings, meetings, or conferences. Come find out what we’re putting on the table – and come hungry.
Spas and Massage
What’s better on a vacation than indulging yourself? Take some personal time out and visit one of our luxurious spas. Get the whole treatment, including wonderful massage treatments from expert licensed massage therapists. Let that tension out, and the relaxation in.
Use our travel interest targeted mini-Web sites to help plan your next trip.
- escape2wv.com – Choose your escape to WV
- wvmountainrider.com – Great rides, authentic people, unique experiences
- www.adventuresinwv.com – Explore the Wild Side of West Virginia.
- wvtraditions.com – Civil War history, Appalachian arts/craft/music, scenic railroads and coal heritage.
- wvriversports.com – Whitewater rafting, kayaking, boating, other water sports.
- wvescapes.com – Featuring several of West Virginia’s “small-town” gems.
- wvwintersports.com – Downhill skiing, snowboarding, tubing, winter fun.
- wvweekends.com – Romantic getaways, cozy cabins, spas, B&Bs.
- wvgolfing.com – Golf and golf resorts, with a full listing of all state courses.
- wvbyways.com – Featuring all of the state’s designated scenic byways and backways.
- wvnights.com – You’ll love our nightlife!
Enjoy the Cultural Heritage of West Virginia – From Civil War reenactments to Appalachian music and craft festivals, travel West Virginia and enjoy some of the wonderful experiences that bring rich history to life. Check out the fairs and festivals in our calendar of events. For spooktacular attractions and events visit our hauntings page. Please call your destination ahead of your visit to verify dates and seasonal hours