Having just driven over three hundred miles (each way) for visiting day at camp, I know a thing or two about what CD’s to bring for a long drive. Here’s my list:
1. Best of Earth Wind and Fire – Yes, I’m dating myself. But I don’t care. Not a dud in the bunch. Plus, I just saw them in concert (seriously!) and they still rock.
2. Diva – Annie Lennox – Great singing, great lyrics. Great tunes.
3. Bette Midler Sings the Rosemary Clooney Songbook – A shocker, I know. But surprisingly modern and funny. The Divine Miss M delivers. And believe it or not, with arrangements by Barry Manilow are awesome. A fresh take on the standards.
4. This American Life – This weekly podcast/radio show will keep you fascinated for an hour. Sometimes funny, sometimes informative, often heartbreaking, they will never, ever bore you.
5. KidzBop Hits Volume 912– Just Kidding
6. Ghost of Tom Joad – Bruce Springsteen at his poetic best
7. Soundtrack from Oh Brother Where Art Thou – I don’t even like country music, and I love this CD. From Emmy Lou Harris to two little girls. Beautiful.
8. Your Favorite Broadway Musical Soundtrack – Come on! you know you have one. You can sing along!
What do you listen to?