- Learn the art of marching and musket etiquette at 2 & 3 pm daily June 25 – July 4 in Signers’ Garden at 5th & Chestnut Streets.
- Only on July 4th can you enter Independence Hall without a timed ticket. Visit any time you want throughout the day.
- Hear a moving reading from the Declaration of Independence at 3:45 pm daily June 25 – July 4 behind Independence Hall.
- EZ PARK discount at 9th & Race Streets is offering Franklin Square guests an exclusive price of $7 for up to 6 hours with this coupon valid through July 6.
- Franklin Square is open until 9 pm June 25 – July 4 (weather permitting)
- Free games and activities will be offered from 12 – 3 pm on July 4
- Open from 9:30 am – 8 pm July 2, 3 and 5
- FREE Independence Day events outside June 28 – July 4 and include:
- Revolutionary War re-enactors set up camp and give demonstrations
- School of Rock students perform throughout the day
- Indoor events included with museum admission June 28 – July 4 and include:
- The Fourth of July Show – from the first Independence Day to today, learn the history of July 4th celebrations
- Flag Etiquette Workshops – discover the history and symbolism behind the US flag, and learn the proper way to treat it
- Star Spangled Banner Show – learn the story of Francis Scott Key and his inspiration for our national anthem
- Colonial demos – butter churning, candle & paper making
- Arts and crafts – patriotic hats, star wands, wreaths, pinwheels and paper flags
- Best view of the Wawa Welcome America! Taste of Philadelphia Fireworks on June 30
- Hosting Independence Day Splash from 6 – 9 pm with music and mascots followed by an amazing view of the fireworks from their private balcony open to event guests only
- Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for kids
Super Scooper All You Can Eat Ice Cream Festival at Penn’s Landing on June 30. The event starts at noon and gets crowded. Arrive early (around 10:30 am) to be one of the first people through.
Credit: Photo by G. Widman for GPTMC