Goat Island — ever heard of it? Me neither, until I started to do my search for yummy and unique places to eat in Newport, Rhode Island. This secret island houses one of the best outdoor restaurants for watching the famous New England sunset.
I was searching for the best option for dining out (sunset viewing) when I came across the website for Pineapples on the Bay, at the Hyatt Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island. It is a 100% outdoor restaurant with a la carte menu. And when we arrived it felt like we were at a high end shin dig on the water.
Why Pineapples on the Bay, Hyatt in Newport, Rhode Island?
Dining out is one of the most special parts of traveling if you go to the right places. You can simply walk in to the first restaurant you find, but finding the ones that are unique in all aspects can turn a meal into an unforgettable experience.
Why Pineapples on the Bay Stood out for My Family:
– The views are spectacular.
– There’s live music that makes it much more pleasant and goes perfectly with the atmosphere.
– Each day the sunset is celebrated by a canon toast. It is super loud giving a kids and adults a fun jolt.
– Homemade Fruity Sangria – This drink was so good!
– Lighthouse on the premises – I love light houses, and having one that I could check out nearby was a lot of fun.
– Boardwalk along the beach – This was a great chance for my boys to run around.
– Laid back atmosphere for me to chill out with my kids.
What’s on the Menu
Fresh seafood is the hot item all over Newport with this restaurant being no exception. They offer catches of the day, options for salad junkies and even for picky eaters at affordable prices.
Fish and Chips – I’ve been craving this dish since the minute we arrived to Newport and this one hit the spot.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich – My hubby preferred some chicken, and apparently it was the best chicken he ever had.
Fun Info About Pineapples on the Bay:
1. The Pineapple symbol – It represents hospitality in Rhode Island. The pineapple’s history goes back to the days when pineapples where placed, any time a ship and their crew returned, in front of houses and businesses as a way of saying welcome.
2. The Canon Toast – This is a tradition that has been held here for over 10 years in honor of the US military. The Naval War College is on the other side of the bridge, giving the town a strong military presence.
3. Renovation of the Restaurant – $750,000 were spent in the 2011 renovation. By the time it was finished there was a brand new building, kitchen and 3-sided bar. The building is made of reconstructed barn wood from barns around New England.
Most important fact of all – how to contact them:
Address: Hyatt Regency Newport, One Goat Island
Phone: Tel: +1 401 851 1234
If you go to Hyatt and book at this hotel, Traveling Mom will receive a referral fee.