Originally opening as Hershey Motor Lodge in 1967, the completely renovated Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pennsylvania combines comfort and convenience. Pulling up to the door of our room at the Lodge brought back great memories of how my family used to vacation together growing up.
Other than that, Hershey Lodge bore no resemblance to the motor lodges of my childhood. Guest rooms feature rich, regionally crafted furnishings and chocolate-themed décor and artwork. Our room was luxuriously warm and welcoming, from the comfortably soft beds and linens, to the bedside chocolate Kisses we found every evening. I loved the little details like built-in reading lamps on the headboards, monogrammed decorative pillows and chocolate-scented soaps and lotion in our bathroom.
When you check-in, you’re given the Lodge Ledger, which details everything you need to know to make the most of your time at Hershey Lodge: Hersheypark and other attractions hours, restaurant options (on and off property) and even the weather forecast for the week. You’ll also find any upcoming events being held at the Lodge. They had a falconry program and a Hershey Kisses Jewelry Trunk Show during our stay.
The best part about staying on property at any of the three Hershey Resorts is the perks, otherwise known as the Hershey Resorts Advantage.
Advantages of Staying at Hershey Lodge
- Best price on Hersheypark tickets
- Preferred pricing for a fun-filled seasonal Breakfast At The Park with Hershey’s Characters, followed by early access to Hersheypark
- Complimentary admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience
- Special kids’ activities
- Complimentary seasonal shuttle bus service to Hersheypark
- Hershey Card: shop, dine, and purchase across Hershey using your room key
- Hersheypark Sweet Start: early access to select rides and attractions on specific dates
- Opportunity to purchase a Hersheypark Sweet Access Pass (limited availability) with VIP benefits
- Ability to rent premium waterfront Cabanas at The Boardwalk At Hersheypark (pricing and availability varies)
- Access to the three award-winning courses of Hershey Country Club, plus Nine by 9 Golf Special featuring 9 holes with club rentals
We loved the convenience of the free shuttle bus to Hersheypark, but the line from Hershey Lodge was long. We didn’t get on the first shuttle and had to wait 40 minutes for the next one. Shuttle service begins one hour before the park opens, and if you want to be on the first shuttle, be sure to get there early.
The very American entrepreneurial story of Milton S. Hershey is a tangible experience when in Hershey and is one all Americans can be proud of. I appreciated the ability to learn more about Mr. Hershey right from our very own lodge room. The History Channel’s biography on Hershey runs on a loop when you turn your TV on. We watched it twice as it was truly inspirational. But to really experience all there is to know about this great man and his legacy, take advantage of your free admission to The Hershey Story Museum Experience, where the story is brought to life. It’s part of the Hershey Resorts Advantage, as is admission to the Hershey Gardens, which was a beautiful and relaxing way to conclude our short but sweet stay in Hershey.
To read our full 3-day, family-friendly itinerary for our visit to South Central Pennsylvania, including Gettysburg, Lancaster and Hershey, please visit MamaBirdsBlog.com.