Spring in New York City is almost upon which means families will be searching for activities to keep their kids busy, here are five ideas that are sure to crowd pleasers.
- Easter Parade – Why not participate or just be a specatator in one the ciites most colorful events, the Easter Parade. The April 24 parade runs from 10am – 4pm and takes place on the famed Fifth Avenue from 49th to 57th Streets. Don’t forget to bring your coolest Easter Bonnet.
- Le Carrousel in Bryant Park – Head to Le Carrousel in Bryant Park and ride one of the bunny rides.
Location: Located behind the New York Public Library on 40th Street between 5th and 6th Aveunues BryantPark.org
- Visit the American Museum of Natural History, where their newest exhibit, The World’s Largest Dinosaurs (April 16, 2011-January 2, 2012) goes beyond traditional fossil shows to reveal how dinosaurs actually lived by taking visitors into the amazing anatomy of a uniquely super-sized group of dinosaurs: the long-necked and long-tailed sauropods, which ranged in size from 15 to 150 feet long. The Natural History is one of our favorite museums and as we have experienced only recently, the exhibits will keep your child completely occupied. Definitely expect to stay the entire day. Click here to read about our recent trip.
Location: Central Park West @79th Street
(212) 769 – 5100
- Cooper – Hewitt presents Target Design Kids Workshops Every 2nd and 4th Saturdays
- If you can’t visit the Wizard World of Harry Potter in Orlando, then head to the Harry Potter the Exhibition at the Discovery Times Square. The exhibit is filled with costumes, props from the movies from mandrakes, the golden snitch, the Nimbus 2000, life-size, CGI models and so much more. And be forewarned, the gift shop will most likely kill your wallet but it’s okay since it’s tricked out too look like Diagon Alley store.
Your kids will have the opportunity to make their designs come to life in the Cooper –Hewitt’s unique design workshop filled with a huge selection of materials. Reqistration is required.
Location: 2 E. 91st Street
For current list of scheduled activities and register online for the date and session you want to attend.
Location: Discovery Times Square
226 W. 44th Street between 7th and 8th Avenue
NYC Traveling Single Mom is also the Founder/Editor of nycsinglemom.com.