Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- 13 reasons to choose the Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront as your Florida beach hotel
- 1. It cannot get any more oceanfront
- 2. Beach rental at your door step
- 3. Uncrowded beach
- 4. Spectacular sunrise at the beach
- 5. Oceanfront pool
- 6. The price is right.
- 7. At Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront, everything you need for a great beach vacation is right there
- 8. Large and comfortable rooms, many with a view of the ocean
- 9. Easy to reach location
- 10. Famous attractions are just a short drive away
- 11. Viera Wetlands also known as Rich Grissom Memorial Wetland will satisfy nature lovers
- 12. Inviting interior design.
- 13. Great Florida beach hotel for IHG (International Hotel Group) loyalty program members and credit card holders
- Why Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront might not be for everyone
- My visit to Orlando before staying at Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront delivers what it promises in its name – a superb oceanfront location. You can see the ocean not only from the majority of the rooms but also from the restaurant, an outdoor bar, pool, and this perfect Florida beach hotel’s many outdoor spaces. Rent a beach umbrella and a chair and watch the waves rolling. Observe birds flying in the sky or taking a casual walk on the beach. When you get hungry, take a few steps back to the hotel’s outdoor restaurant for a good meal. Add to it a cold beer or a cocktail and you will get just what the doctor ordered.
During my recent visit to Florida, I made Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront my beach oasis for a few days. After a long a stressful winter in Pennsylvania, I needed a place to just breathe and do nothing. I was also determined to use my IGH credit card free anniversary nights to pay for my stay. After a short evaluation of available oceanfront hotels, I decided to go with Crowne Plaza. It turned out to be exactly what I was looking for.
13 reasons to choose the Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront as your Florida beach hotel
1. It cannot get any more oceanfront
The hotel sits right on the beach. You do not even need to step on the sand to enjoy the view and hear the ocean.
2. Beach rental at your door step
Chairs and umbrellas available for rent just as you step on the beach. Yes, you need to pay for them, but everything will be carried and set up for you. When you are done with your day by the ocean, again you do not have to lift a finger to put stuff away.
3. Uncrowded beach
I stayed at hotel on the weekend. It was fully booked but you would never guess judging by the number of people on the beach. It felt like I had the sand to myself.
4. Spectacular sunrise at the beach
Do not miss the sunrise! It is a beautiful way to start the day. Watch the sun emerging from the ocean and illuminating clouds on the horizon. It feels like witnessing a heavenly creation.
5. Oceanfront pool
If the waves are too rough to swim, a nice pool with an ocean view comes to the rescue. There is also a hot tub to enjoy, looking especially welcoming at night.
6. The price is right.
This hotel will not break your budget. It is surprisingly affordable for its superb oceanfront location.
7. At Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront, everything you need for a great beach vacation is right there
You will find good food at the hotel’s oceanfront restaurant all day long. All kinds of drinks, including cocktails, wine and beer, are available and they are reasonably priced. Sitting on an oceanfront deck with a drink in my hand and watching the waves was my favorite activity.
8. Large and comfortable rooms, many with a view of the ocean
The rooms are good size and come with a refrigerator and a microwave. You can eat inside or right outside your door, often with the view of the ocean.
9. Easy to reach location
I saw an airline crew checking in there. No wonder, the hotel is only an hour away from Orlando national airport. Proximity to Orlando would let you combine your beach stay with a business trip or family Disney vacation.
10. Famous attractions are just a short drive away
Many great attractions can be reached within an hour drive: Walt Disney World, Universal, SeaWorld, Legoland, Gatorland and more. Kennedy Space Center is less than an half hour away. If you are traveling solo, check out 11 Best Activities for Solo Traveler at EPCOT.
11. Viera Wetlands also known as Rich Grissom Memorial Wetland will satisfy nature lovers
Not even a half an hour away from Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront, Viera Wetlands is a free attraction for nature lovers. Bird watching is fantastic. It is best enjoyed in the evening when the birds are more active and the sunset is amazing. You can take a walk, ride a bike, or drive around. This is nature at its best!
12. Inviting interior design.
The lobby looks newly renovated. It has a modern and inviting look and nice sitting areas including an internet station.
13. Great Florida beach hotel for IHG (International Hotel Group) loyalty program members and credit card holders
You can easily stay for free at this IHG location using points your accumulated with IGH loyalty program or cashing in your IHG credit card anniversary nights. If a free night is not available to you yet, by staying at this great oceanfront location you can earn points towards your future stay at more than 6000 participating IHG hotels.
Why Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront might not be for everyone
Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront is not a luxury hotel. It is clean but judging by my room not recently renovated. I was not a fan of the room’s furniture that appeared too beat up for my taste.
When hotel is fully booked, finding a parking space is a problem. Do not count on finding a space close to your entrance. Take what you see.
Air-conditioning works well, but it is old fashion and noisy. Some units are leaking on the outside, so on occasion when walking to your room, you might feel drops of water falling on you from the level above. Not a waterfall, just drops.
I liked the food served at the restaurant but was not impressed with its breakfast, which is not included in your rate. I thought it could use more choices.
My visit to Orlando before staying at Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront
I came to Orlando for a TravelingMom Influencer Network retreat. It was my third time meeting with other writers for a few days of learning and getting to know each other. We spent time checking out new Ford cars. It left me wanting one. All presented cars offered what I crave the most when traveling: space and comfort. I could easily see myself driving these beauties across the country with style.
These models are loaded with recent gadgets but for me, park assist is the most impressive. You can guess why – I hate parallel parking! If a car can do it for me, I am sold.