Cruise Buzz Traveling Mom is a cruise expert from Cruise Holidays of Mission Viejo. As a mom that cruises with two kids, I am always looking for the best cruise line for my children.Of special significance to me are kids programs that offer an environment that my children (ages 12 and 5) will beg to go to. Holland America Line was a big hit with my children.
Holland America Line is an upper-premium cruise line. Families that love to sail on Holland America Line enjoy the mid-size ship experience that offers a laid back cruise environment. Popular for multi-generational cruises, Holland America Line serves a diverse group of people. Families will find many age groups on a Holland America Line cruise during peak seasons when children are on vacation. Other times, Holland America Line usually attracts an older population that enjoys quiet sea days, peace and quiet.
Holland America Line offers children’s and teen- friendly activities and facilities for guests ages 3 to 17. Younger children that are not toilet-trained are not allowed into the supervised kids programs. The diaper free policy also applies to pull-ups as well. Exceptions to this rule are not made.
Staffing of Club HAL depends on the number of children sailing and their ages. Expect sea days to have a drop in program while port days require an advanced sign-up. Guests need to sign-up ahead of time because of staffing. I forgot to do this one day and my children were not admitted into the kids club.
Club HAL ® for ages 3 -17.
- Club HAL: dedicated youth facilities and activities for kids ages 3 to 12; activities are supervised and age appropriate. Children are broken into two groups: ages 3-7 and tweens ages 8-12.
- The Loft: designed exclusively for teens to have fun, socialize and hang out with people their own age, includes our new video editing facility for teens.
Kids & Teens Culinary Arts Center
HAL Kids Culinary Workshops are geared toward two age groups; ages 3-7 and ages 8 and up. Teenagers 15 and up may participate in the adult classes.
- The menus range from simple to teen gourmet
- Classes are usually limited to fifteen students unless otherwise noted
- All classes are hands-on
- Each student receives copies of the recipes prepared in class