Is Halloween your favorite time of the year? Are you a Disney fan who dreams of Mickey Mouse and friends dressed in their favorite costumes? Do you like attending special events with exclusive attractions? If you said yes to any of those things, then Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland should be on your bucket list! This planning guide to Mickey’s Halloween Party has the details you need to know about this annual fall event.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and buy, TravelingMom will get a commission. Thank you for helping support TravelingMom.
Guide to Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland
Visiting Disneyland Resort during Halloween Time is a festival of decorations and Halloween-themed attractions Read on to learn more about Mickey’s Halloween Party, including new additions to this year’s ticket.
What is Mickey’s Halloween Party?
Mickey’s Halloween Party is a private, after-hours event held at Disneyland. It includes special Halloween fun not offered during regular park hours such as trick or treating, a party exclusive Halloween parade, and exclusive Halloween fireworks. It’s a really special Disney event that I try to attend every year, check out why I love attending Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland!
There is extra value this year in that you can visit Disney California Adventure during the 3 hours prior to the party starting. In the past, you could only visit Disneyland. This means you can experience the new Halloween Time happenings at California Adventure like the Haul-O-Ween makeover in Cars Land. Plus the party ticket includes unlimited Disney PhotoPass during the event.
What Does Mickey’s Halloween Party Include?
- Entry to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure 3 hours prior to the start of the separate ticket event.
- Trick or Treating for candy and healthy treats throughout the park.
- Unlimited Disney PhotoPass during the party.
- Halloween Screams fireworks hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington.
- The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow will ride his ghostly black steed, heralding the arrival of a “Frightfully Fun Parade”
- Special Disney Villains Meet & Greet opportunities in select locations around Disneyland.
- Cadaver Dans quartet performs Halloween tunes on a graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America.
- Most Disneyland attractions will be open during the party including Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Costumes are allowed for everyone during the party (normally only kids are allowed to wear costumes in the parks).
- Mickey Mouse and friends will be wearing their costumes too!
- Festive decorations throughout Disneyland and animated Halloween images on Main Street.
Do I have to wear a costume at Mickey’s Halloween Party?
You don’t have to wear a Halloween costume but a majority of attendees do (including adults). It’s the perfect time to indulge in your whimsy or crazy costume ideas because the event is Halloween-themed and includes trick or treating.
Even if you don’t dress up, it’s fun to see everyone else’s creative costumes. From the elaborate to simple and DIY to Broadway-worthy, there is a wide variety of costumed participants. The best part is seeing groups attend in costume themes.
Last year we were characters from Inside Out, we’ve also dressed as a Batman & Robin family and Peter Pan & the Neverland crew. Need costume inspiration? Check out our Mickey’s Halloween Party costume ideas and tips!
Guide to Mickey’s Halloween Party Costume Guidelines
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses).
Mickey’s Halloween Party Costume Guidelines for Guests 13 years and under
- May wear a mask as long as the mask doesn’t cover the entire face and eyes are still visible.
Mickey’s Halloween Party Costume Guidelines for Guests 14 years and older
- No mask allowed unless for medical purposes.
- Headwear is acceptable as long as it doesn’t cover the face.
- Capes must not go below the waist.
- Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry unless the costume can be modified to meet the official standards.
How Do I Buy Tickets To Mickey’s Halloween Party?
Ticket prices range from $72-$99. Discounts are available on select nights with advance purchase and for Disneyland Annual Passholders. You can also get discount tickets with Get Away Today, TravelingMom’s recommended Disney vendor. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members, and Disney Visa cardholders will get a week head start.
Don’t just take my word for it, check out Frequent Flyer TravelingMom’s tips for enjoying Mickey’s Halloween Party.
How to Buy Discounted Disneyland Tickets
Planning a trip to the original Mouse House? Traveling Mom recommends Get Away Today for discounted Disney tickets and vacation packages. Even better, save $10 on a two or more night trip with code TravelingMom– just for Traveling Mom Readers!