Is Halloween your favorite time of the year? Are you a Disney fan who dreams of Mickey Mouse and friends dressed in their favorite costumes? Do you like attending special events with exclusive attractions? If you said yes to any of those things, then Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland should be on your bucket list! This planning guide to Mickey’s Halloween Party has the details you need to know about this annual fall event.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and buy, TravelingMom will get a commission. Thank you for helping support TravelingMom.
Guide to Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland
I love visiting the Disneyland Resort during Halloween Time. It’s full of festive decorations, spooky treats, and Halloween-themed attractions. If you are ready to up your Disney Halloween game, then it’s time to attend Mickey’s Halloween Party.
What is Mickey’s Halloween Party?
Mickey’s Halloween Party is a private, after-hours event held at Disneyland. It includes special Halloween fun not offered during regular park hours like trick or treating. Plus a Halloween parade, and Halloween fireworks. It’s a really special Disney event that I try to attend every year. Check out why I love attending Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland!
Mickey’s Halloween Party 2018 Disneyland
You can visit Disney California Adventure or Disneyland 3 hours prior to the party starting. In the past, you could only visit Disneyland. This means you can experience the new Halloween Time activities at California Adventure like the Haul-O-Ween makeover in Cars Land. Plus the party ticket includes unlimited Disney PhotoPass during the event.
When is Mickey’s Halloween Party 2018?
Mickey’s Halloween Party 2018 occurs 15 nights in 2018 during the Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. Halloween Time runs from September 7th to October 31st. Mickey’s Halloween Party events occur on September 19, 21, 24, 26, 28 and October 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 29 and 31.
What Does Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Include?
- 5-hour after-hours event featuring exclusive entertainment
- Entry to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure 3 hours prior to the start of Mickey’s Halloween Party.
- Trick or Treating for candy and healthy treats throughout the park.
- Unlimited Disney PhotoPass during the party.
- Halloween Screams fireworks hosted by Master of Ceremonies, Jack Skellington.
- The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow will ride his black steed, leading the Halloween Party parade.
- Special Disney Villains Meet & Greet opportunities in select locations around Disneyland.
- Cadaver Dans quartet performs Halloween tunes on a graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America.
- Most Disneyland attractions will be open during the party including Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Costumes are allowed for everyone during the party (normally only kids are allowed to wear costumes in the parks).
- Mickey Mouse and friends will be wearing their costumes too!
- Festive decorations throughout Disneyland and animated Halloween images on Main Street.
Do I have to wear a costume at Mickey’s Halloween Party?
You don’t have to wear a Halloween costume but a majority of attendees do (including adults). It’s the perfect time to indulge in your whimsy or crazy costume ideas.
Even if you don’t dress up, it’s fun to see everyone else’s creative costumes. From the simple DIY to elaborate and Broadway-worthy, there is a wide variety of costumed participants. The best part is seeing groups attend in costume themes.
We like to dress up in a family theme. In the past, we’ve attended as characters from Inside Out, Peter Pan, and superheroes. Need costume inspiration? Check out our Mickey’s Halloween Party costume ideas and tips!
Guide to Mickey’s Halloween Party Costume Guidelines
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged. They may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses).
Mickey’s Halloween Party Costume Guidelines for Guests 13 years and under
- May wear a mask as long as the mask doesn’t cover the entire face and eyes are still visible.
Mickey’s Halloween Party Costume Guidelines for Guests 14 years and older
- No mask allowed unless for medical purposes.
- Headwear is acceptable as long as it doesn’t cover the face.
- Capes must not go below the waist.
- Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, plastic lightsabers, toy swords, and tutus.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
What are Mickey’s Halloween Party Ticket Prices?
Mickey’s Halloween Party ticket prices range from $95-$130. They’re available at Disneyland.com/party. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members, and Disney Visa cardholders can purchase tickets starting on June 5th. The general public can buy tickets on June 12th.
Don’t just take my word for it. Check out Frequent Flyer TravelingMom’s tips for enjoying Mickey’s Halloween Party.
How to Buy Discounted Disneyland Tickets
Planning a trip to the original Mouse House? Traveling Mom recommends Get Away Today for discounted Disney tickets and vacation packages. Even better, save $10 on a two or more night trip with code TravelingMom– just for Traveling Mom Readers!