Is Halloween your favorite time of the year? Are you a Disney fan that dreams of Mickey Mouse and friends dressed in their favorite costumes? Do you like attending special events with exclusive attractions? If you said yes to any of those things, then Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland is perfect for you! Check out the planning guide to Mickey’s Halloween Party below for all the details on how you can attend!
Guide to Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland
Summer is in full swing which means fall vacation planning has begun. One extra special fall trip you should plan right now is visiting Disneyland during Halloween Time. Beyond the festive decorations and attractions throughout the season, you can also buy tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland. Read on to learn more about Mickey’s Halloween Party!
What is Mickey’s Halloween Party?
Mickey’s Halloween Party is a private, after-hours event held at Disneyland. It includes special Halloween fun not offered during regular park hours including trick or treating, a mini Halloween parade, and exclusive Halloween fireworks. It’s a really special Disney event that I try to attend every year, check out why I love attending Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland!
What does Mickey’s Halloween Party Include?
- Entry to Disneyland 3 hours prior to the start of the separate ticket event.
- Trick or Treating for candy and healthy treats throughout the park.
- Halloween Screams fireworks hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington.
- Family dance party at Tomorrowland Terrace (in previous years the party were hosted by everyone’s favorite monsters, Mike and Sulley).
- Speical Disney villains Meet & Greets in select locations around Disneyland.
- Cadaver Dans quartet performs Halloween tunes on a graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America.
- Almost all Disneyland attractions will be open during the party including Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Everyone can wear a costume to the party (normally only kids are allowed to wear costumes in the parks).
- Mickey Mouse and friends will be wearing their costumes too!
- The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow will ride his ghostly black steed, heralding the arrival of Mickey’s Halloween Party character cavalcade.
- Festive decorations throughout Disneyland and animated Halloween images on Main Street.
When is Mickey’s Halloween Party 2016?
Looking for planning guide to Mickey’s Halloween Party in 2016? Choose from 17 evenings in September and October.
Friday, Sept. 23; Monday, Sept. 26; Wednesday, Sept. 28; Friday, Sept. 30; Monday, Oct. 3; Wednesday, Oct. 5; Friday, Oct. 7; Monday, Oct. 10; Wednesday, Oct. 12; Friday, Oct. 14; Monday, Oct. 17; Wednesday, Oct. 19; Friday, Oct. 21; Monday, Oct. 24; Wednesday, Oct. 26; Saturday, Oct. 29; and Monday, Oct. 31, Halloween night
Do I have to wear a Halloween costume at Mickey’s Halloween Party?
You don’t have to wear a Halloween costume but a good majority of attendees do (including adults). Given the event is Halloween-themed and includes trick or treating, it’s the perfect time to indulge in your whimsy or crazy costume ideas.
Even if you don’t dress up, you will enjoy seeing everyone else’s creative costumes. From the elaborate to simple and DIY to Broadway-worthy, there is a wide variety of costumed participants. The best part is seeing groups attend in costume themes.
Last year we were characters from Inside Out, we’ve also dressed as a Batman & Robin family and Peter Pan & the Neverland crew. Need costume inspiration? Check out our Mickey’s Halloween Party costume ideas and tips!
Disneyland Costume Guidelines
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses).
- Guests 13 and under may wear a mask as long as the mask doesn’t cover the entire face and eyes are still visible.
- Guests 14 and older may not wear any masks, headwear is acceptable as long as it doesn’t cover the face. Capes must not go below the waist. Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the official standards.
How much are tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party?
Ticket prices range from $72-$99. Discounts are available on select nights with advance purchase and for Disneyland Annual Passholders. More event details and ticket purchases can be made at Disneyland.com/party.
How do I buy tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party?
Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets go on sale to the general public on Thursday, July 28th. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members, and Disney Visa card holders will get a week head start, they can purchase tickets starting Thursday, July 21.
Don’t just take my word for it, check out Frequent Flyer TravelingMom’s tips for enjoying Mickey’s Halloween Party.