Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- Back To School Printables for Kids
- Our Favorite Disney Backpacks for Back to School
- Disney Character Lunch Boxes
- Cute First Day of School Outfits for Kids
- Back-to-School Must-Have Accessories
- Masks for Kids
- Make it Easy with These Back-to-School Collections
- How to Create a Successful Back-to-School Routine
- Additional Back to School Resources:
Sprinkle some pixie dust on back-to-school with Disney-inspired gear for kids! Make your shopping life easier with our full list of TravelingMom personal picks, all available on shopDisney. Download one of our free “all about me” printables to record your kid’s back to school plans, as our back to school gift to you.
This post was sponsored by shopDisney.com.
Back-to-school season snuck up on my family this year. I’ve been running around (as us moms do) trying to get everything on their school supplies list plus get them outfitted with new clothes for the upcoming school year.
Join our NEW Facebook Community: Making Travel Easier. We promise to always tell you what we would tell our best friend -- what works for kids, what doesn’t and what you need to know before you go to have the Best. Family. Vacation. Ever. Our group of travel experts are ready to answer your travel questions!
Being prepared for the first day of school is never easy and having more kids multiplies the effort required. It’s been all hands on deck this year as we got my 12-, 9- and 8-year-olds ready for the new school year.
If your kids love Disney, shopDisney makes shopping for the must-haves a little easier. Finding items that are themed after their favorite Disney character or movie is a fun way to sprinkle a little pixie dust over their return to school.
Use the following guide to help you capture the memories of a new school year (see the printables below), shop for the essentials and start your daily school routine.
TravelingMom Tip: There are some great back-to-school sales happening right now at shopDisney.com!
Back To School Printables for Kids
Does your Facebook and Instagram feed get flooded with cute “first day of school” photos? I’m the mom who wakes up early to get my kids dressed, fed and then out the door for a few photos in the front yard before we make the mad rush to the car. My 12-year-old is outgrowing this routine, but I plan to awkwardly force it for as long as I can.
We’ve created a few fun “all about me” interview-style printables (inspired by Disney). Print them out, then interview your kids about their back-to-school plans, friends and more. Add their first-day-of-school picture and it becomes a special way to record what’s important to them at this point in their life. Do it every year to see how they change as they get older.
Download the printables that best fit your kids below:
Our Favorite Disney Backpacks for Back to School
The backpacks are not only cute, they’re functional. My daughter brings a Chromebook home with her each day, so she needed a strong backpack with enough space.
When it comes to back-to-school shopping, shopDisney is our favorite place to score some great deals on these school essentials. You can shop the sales and find many of the items at a great price.
I was thrilled when I was able to get my daughter a backpack (monogrammed with her name) and a personalized matching lunchbox for a great price. And shipping from shopDisney was so fast that we had everything we needed by the time school started even though I procrastinated this year.
Here are some of our favorites this year:
TravelingMom Tip: Do you have Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland gift cards you won’t be able to use soon? Use them on shopDisney!
Disney Character Lunch Boxes
Do your kids take a lunch to school? We always buy lunch boxes because they are good for road trips and other on-the-go activities, so we get multiple uses out of them.
There’s a huge selection of lunch boxes on shopDisney. Maybe that Beauty and the Beast lunch box will become a collectible one day. To this day, I’m sad that I got rid of my metal Minnie Mouse lunch box.
TravelingMom Tip: Luggage tags are a great way to tag your kiddo’s Moana or Yoda lunch box with their name! You can use those luggage tags later to identify your stroller on your next Disney vacation.
Cute First Day of School Outfits for Kids
What are your kids into? Disney Princesses? Marvel? Toy Story? The Mandalorian? Finding the best first day of school outfit is much easier when you can filter by their favorite character, movie or TV show.
I splurged on this adorable glow in the dark Pandora hoodie that my daughter just “had to have.” She will get a lot of use out of it during the school year.
Whether you’re looking for tank tops, short sleeve t-shirts, leggings or long sleeve hoodies, there are great apparel options from shopDisney. Best part? They do double duty. If you have a Disney vacation planned you can use these cute outfits in the Disney parks too!
Back-to-School Must-Have Accessories
If your kids are like my three girls, they are obsessed with accessories! My girls want sanitizer holders for their backpacks and fun pencils and pens to use. Zipper pouches and drinking cups are some of their other favorite accessories. I love looking at trending new arrivals for them.
TravelingMom Tip: Make a wish-list on shopDisney and send it to grandparents who want to help with back-to-school shopping.
Masks for Kids
Since 2020, our back-to-school list has grown to include face masks. I’m so grateful that shopDisney has a ton of fun and cute unisex patterns available. Having a fun Disney-inspired mask has made mask-wearing less of a nuisance for my kids.
Make it Easy with These Back-to-School Collections
Sometimes I’m just ready to hit the “easy” button and shopDisney makes that possible with best seller collections that are a full set of items with the same theme.
TravelingMom Tip: Start with these collections. Show them to your little ones and if they find one they like, you are done shopping after one click!
How to Create a Successful Back-to-School Routine
Getting everyone ready for the daily routine of earlier bedtimes and evening homework is the hardest part of returning to a new school year for our family. We love our summers with little to no schedule. Jumping back into the early mornings and hectic days is not always easy.
Here are some things our family does to make the process easier:
- Pick out school outfits for the entire week and put them in a special basket or drawer to make it easy for everyone to get dressed in the morning.
- Pack school lunches the night before.
- Keep your shoes ready by the door. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve been late getting out the door because someone couldn’t find their shoes! We solved that problem by having the kids put their shoes by the door the night before.
- We keep a homework portable station stocked for the kids. When it’s time for homework we pull that organizer out for everyone to use and then store it away when they’re done. You can find these organizers on Amazon.
- Buy special snacks for homework time. This is a great way to encourage your kids to stay motivated while completing their daily homework. I have a special snack basket full of things we don’t normally buy. Our kids know they can only enjoy one of these special treats while doing their homework.
- Our kids listen to audiobooks at night before bed. They each have a “kid-version” Alexa device in their rooms and they can listen to audiobooks before bed. We noticed they were falling asleep much faster after we started this routine. Check out our list of great audiobooks for kids.