My Spidey sense is tingling today with the news that Disney Cruise Line is adding several Marvel Day at Sea itineraries on the Disney Magic from Miami for 2018. A Disney cruise is a MARVEL-ous idea, but especially so with a Marvel Day at Sea. Combining these 2018 voyages with the New York sailings in 2017 is like the superheroes joining forces in The Avengers! Find out what to expect during Marvel Day at Sea sailings.
Disney Cruise Line Marvel Day at Sea Voyages
Marvel fans, rejoice! Disney Cruise Line is expanding the Marvel Day at Sea into 2018. Marvel Day at Sea voyages begin with seven special sailings from New York City in the fall of 2017, followed by eight special voyages from Miami departing January through April 2018.
What to Expect:
- Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Black Panther, Loki and other Marvel Universe Super Heroes and Villains are onboard for scheduled interactions and photos.
- During an immersive show in the Walt Disney Theatre, Doctor Strange demonstrates the power of the mystic arts and enlists guests in an epic battle against the Dark Dimension.
- A brand-new spectacular party fills the upper deck with music, dancing and games.
- The deck party culminates in a stunning display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, and sound effects. Look for the largest collection of Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains ever assembled on a cruise ship.
- Kids and families summon their Marvel knowledge and enjoy friendly competition during trivia games, covering courageous heroes and fun facts from the Marvel Universe.
- For young heroes-in-training, Marvel-themed games, activities and arts and crafts will be offered throughout the day in the Marvel’s Avengers Academy in the Oceaneer Club. And superhero visits!
Having sailed on Disney Cruise Line for the Star Wars Day at Sea, I can attest to the immersive, fun atmosphere that these special sailings create. Marvel Day at Sea offerings resemble the Star Wars Day at Sea in the expansiveness of theming. From character interactions, entertainment, movies, and food, Marvel Day at Sea looks like it will be the perfect marriage for Marvel fans and Disney cruise aficionados.
Marvel Day at Sea Voyages
For 2018 (Miami)
The new Marvel Day at Sea sailings departing from Miami in 2018: January 7; January 21; February 4; February 18; March 18; April 1; April 15; and April 29.
These five-night Western Caribbean cruises include a stop at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay and either Cozumel, Mexico, or Grand Cayman.
For 2017 (New York)
If you can’t wait until 2018, there’s always this year! The 2017 Marvel Day at Sea voyages from New York will be on seven- and eight-night Disney Magic Bahamian cruises.
Dates are: October 6; October 14; October 28; November 4; November 11; and November 18.
All will include a stop at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay.
The Marvel Day at Sea voyage on October 21, 2017 will be on one seven-night Canadian Coast cruise departing from New York. Stops include Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax.
TravelingMom Tip: The October 6th, 14th, 21st and 28th itineraries are Halloween on the High Seas cruises. The November 11th and 18th are Very MerryTime voyages, which will include those special holiday festivities. Great way to double dip with unique Disney Cruise Line experiences.