Shangri-La Chiang Mai is a safe, family friendly luxury hotel in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Find out why you and your family will love staying here when you visit this vibrant city. With amenities like the largest hotel in Chiang Mai and a never-ending breakfast buffet, kids will be in heaven. Parents will too, as they are pampered in the on-site spa or when they are having a cocktail by the pool.
Shangri-la Chiang Mai
There are so many reasons families will enjoy staying at Shangri-La Chiang Mai, a luxury hotel in the center of the city near the famous Chiang Mai night market. From a private lounge with food and drinks to the largest swimming pool in town, they literally have it all.
Horizon Club Lounge
Our family’s favorite thing about staying here was the Horizon Club Lounge. The Horizon Club Lounge is a private lounge for those staying on certain floors. When you are traveling with kids, things are just easier when they can eat or drink whenever the need to. (All day, every day!) I could quickly and easily take my kids to the lounge for a snack and a drink. One morning we opted to have breakfast up there instead of at the main restaurant, and every item we ordered was fantastic.
Horizon Club Privileges
- Personalized check-in and checkout
- Complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails
- Concierge service – They have a local activity book and can help you book all of your activities.
- One complimentary suit pressing per stay and shoe shine service
- Private club lounge with complimentary wired Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Choice of international newspaper
- Private meeting room and computer stations
Chi The Spa
My favorite adult amenity was the Chi The Spa. My friend and I left the world behind as we were immersed in this private sanctuary. Upon entering, guests are greeted with a drink and a snack. When you are taken back to your room, it is not just some room down the hall. Instead, you are taken over to your own private oasis.
To start off your treatments, they first wash your feet. After your feet are clean, you lie down and begin whichever massage you have chosen. They of course offer Thai massage. If you have never had a Thai massage, you are in for an experience!
Family Friendly Rooms
Both of the rooms we stayed in were large with plenty of room for families. Since we were a family of five we had to get connecting rooms. In one room there was a large king bed and in the other there were two twin beds and a rollaway.
- 24-hour room service
- Electronic safe
- Satellite / cable television
- Complimentary wired Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Air-conditioning – Thailand is hot. Always stay somewhere that has air conditioning!
- Fully-stocked mini bar
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Pillow menu for all suites and Horizon Club rooms featuring a selection of feather, anti-snore, buckwheat, foam and bolster type pillows.
- Laundry – Noah decided to fully utilize their laundry service while I was out one day. They came by and ask if we had any laundry and he decided that he should have his clothes washed. I was a little irritated about this, but it did not cost that much and they did a lovely job.
Shangri-la Chiang Mai has the largest swimming pool in Chiang Mai. It is a quiet retreat and they have a large hot tub next to the pool as well. There is another hot tub inside in their fitness facility along with a steam room and a sauna. Their fitness center is quite impressive and even offers classes.
In the fitness center is a kid’s corner where kids can take various classes for a fee. Sadly, we were not here long enough to take advantage of this. I would have liked my kids to have taken a Thai language class. We did end up taking a Thai boxing class as a family and it was awesome! All of us learned some basics of Thai boxing. It is an excellent workout and anyone can do it.
Here is a Facebook live video of the kids during our lesson. They all did great!
<iframe src=”https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMommyTravels%2Fvideos%2F10154892352280709%2F&show_text=0&width=225″ width=”225″ height=”400″ style=”border:none;overflow:hidden” scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ allowTransparency=”true” allowFullScreen=”true”></iframe>
Have you been to Chiang Mai? Where did you stay? I would love to hear about your trip in the comments below.