1. La Reunion La Reunion is a luxury golf resort 10 minutes away from Antigua Guatemala. It has 26 rooms and a golf course. The staff of this place is very welcoming and very kid friendly. It also has huge green areas where he can run and jump and have fun in a safety environment. These guys also offer a kid’s club filled with fun things for kids from 3 to 2 years and even a baby sitter.
2. Filadelphia Philadelfia Coffee resort is also outside of Antigua But a Little bit closer. All you need is a 10 min drive if you don’t want to stay here it is still a great place for family day trips because they offer mule rides, coffee tours, bird watching tours, canopy tours, helicopter tours over Antigua and its surroundings. To get there they offer transportation that can pick you up in some points of Antigua. There is also a garden where you will find a swimming pool and a play ground.
3. Picnic at a Ruin: This is a cheap and super fun way to spend an afternoon with kids. All you need to do is grab a picnic basket and go to any of the many church’s ruins all around Antigua. There are gardens and more than enough space for kids to run around and explore.
4. Macadamia Nut Farm: This nut farm is located 15min outside of Antigua. In it you can go on a tour around the farm, sample the nuts, buy and try natural skin care products and have some delicious food. Again kids can have fun exploring the farm while you relax under a tree. My son loves to come here.
5. Earth Lodge: This is a small lodge just outside of Antigua in a town called El Hato. You can stay in one of their cabins, camp or just spend the day here. They offer delicious home cooked meals. The offer activities such as hiking along trails around the mountain side, they have a games area, Spanish classes, Mayan sauna, movies and books. Kids can run around, explore and have fun in a safety environment as you enjoy the view. Bio
Marina K. Villatoro has been living in Central America (Costa Rica and Guatemala) for over 9 years and her site Travel Experta and Expert Travel for Costa Rica is all about traveling in Central America. Marina loves to help people plan the perfect vacation to this amazing part of the world! Contact me for advice and planning your perfect trip! You can sign up for her RSS feed and join the fun on her facebook fan page and follow her on Twitter at @MarinaVillatoro.