Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
There are all kinds of travel personalities in a family. There are “off the beaten path” travelers who prefer smaller crowds and quieter spots. There are “spa/relaxation/bottle of wine in the fridge” and “big, plush, king-size bed” kinds of travelers. And then there are kids, who just want water — a pool, a water park, a lake, or some other way to get wet. If that is what you need in a family vacation destination, one or more of these fabulous resorts in Branson MO is sure to please.
Branson, Missouri, is a family vacation mecca. It offers great live shows; year-round events; Silver Dollar City, the 1880s family-friendly theme park; and stunning natural beauty.
Surrounded by the beautiful Ozark Mountains and three large lakes — Table Rock Lake, Lake Taneycomo, and Bull Shoals — Branson is full of opportunities for family fun and outdoor adventure.
1945 W. 76 Country Boulevard
Branson, MO 65616
This was the hands-down favorite of TravelingMom Amanda Topinka’s husband and toddler. Located right on the famous Hwy 76 main strip in the middle of all that Branson entertainment, the Grand Country Inn offers a total vacation experience.
There are live shows, a 36-hole indoor putt-putt golf course, a family amusement center complete with arcade games, bumper cars, black light mini-golf and the absolute highlight: Splash Country, the 20,000-square-foot water park.
Why Grand Country Inn is Great for Families
- The Splash Country waterpark features a three-story indoor treehouse, water slides, a 1,000-gallon tipping bucket, toddler pool, lazy river and hot tubs. The waterpark is undergoing an expansion that will add a huge wave pool and more water rides.
- Access to the waterpark, included with a resort stay, starts at 2 p.m. on your arrival day and continues through the day you depart.
- Room options include clubhouse rooms that give the kids bunk beds and their own flat-screen TV.
- On-site attractions include a 525-foot winding indoor go-kart track, three mini-golf courses, arcade games, laser tag and more.
- It’s Branson, so there are live country music shows.
- Family-friendly on-site dining options include a pizzeria, buffet and a grill in the waterpark.
2201 Roark Valley Road
Branson, MO 65616
Nestled on 145 acres in the heart of the Ozark Mountains, this swanky family-friendly resort offers numerous activities on- and off-site as well as exceptional accommodations, all in a stunning natural environment in the middle of the Ozarks. Plus, it offers convenient access to spectacular lakes, championship golf courses, theme parks such as Silver Dollar City, outlet malls, eclectic attractions, family-friendly restaurants and amazing live shows in Branson.
And there are plenty of activities right on the property, many of which are complimentary for guests. Explore miles of hiking trails in search of waterfalls, relax in the heated indoor pool or seasonal outdoor pools, work out in the fitness center or get competitive with a game of ping-pong. Check the resort activity schedule or download the Westgate Resorts app to see what activities will be available during your stay.
TravelingMom Tip: Join the free World of Westgate Loyalty Program before you book to get the best rates and access to discounts during your stay.
Why Westgate Branson Woods Resort Works for Families
- Guestroom options include studio villas and one- and two-bedroom villas.
- Playground for little ones
- Daily activities on-site, many of them complimentary
- Heated indoor pool and seasonal outdoor pools
- Easy access to all of the Branson attractions, including Silver Dollar City and the live shows in Branson.
Join our Private FB Group for more travel inspiration and tips! JOIN HERE
1984 State Hwy 165
Branson, MO 65616
This Welk Resorts property has everything a family could want with as much — or as little — entertainment and activity as you’d like, varied dining options, restful rooms and a splashin’ good time.
When TravelingMom Amanda Topinka visited, she had this to say: “We adore our rural living lifestyle and tend to stress a bit when we are in metro areas for long durations. Branson, though small in size, is like a mini-Las Vegas for activity (though much more wholesome) and can be fast-paced. By staying off ‘the strip’ you can get away from that buzz and relax. That said, there is no shortage of fun right inside the confines of the resort property lines.”
The resort even employs a “chief fun officer” to curate new activities and experiences. You can see the full activities schedule at the bottom of this web page.
Why The Lodges at Timber Ridge Works for Families
- The 10,000-square-foot Splash-a-Torium water park is open year-round, with a 117-foot slide, splash zone, indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, plenty of deck chairs for lounging and locker rooms.
- 1- to 3-bedroom suites with full kitchens, cozy fireplaces and private patios.
- Fantastic dining options
- The Welk Resort Theatre showcases nationally known entertainers.
- Mini-golf on site
- Game room with pool table, foosball, video games, board games, movies and more
- Free wifi
3001 Green Mountain Drive
Branson, MO 65616
This hotel is home to a 30,000-square-foot indoor waterpark. Be sure to book the waterpark access package or plan to pay for day passes. Kids 2 and under visit the waterpark for free.
The main hotel tower has 100 suites featuring access to the indoor waterpark without ever walking outside. Each room features a Kids’ Alcove with bunk beds and their own flat-screen TV. The main tower is also where you can find the Tower Grill, arcade, and a gift shop. Larger family suites offer the same amenities as the standard Tower rooms plus a pullout sofa and kitchenette.
Why Howard Johnson by Wyndham Works for Families
- 30,000-square-foot waterpark includes several kiddie pools with multiple pint-sized slides and waterfalls perfect for water-loving little ones
- Waterpark access is included for your entire stay when booked as a waterpark package
- It works for larger families — standard occupancy is for 6 people (max occupancy is 7 people) thanks to the bunk beds in the “Kiddie Cove.”
- Complimentary in-room refrigerator
- Free wi-fi
471 Cooper Creek Road
Branson, MO 65616
This lakefront campground on the shores of Lake Taneycomo is quiet, peaceful and shady. It offers 22 one-, two- and three-bedroom cabins and 75 full hook-up RV sites.
The cabins offer air conditioning (you’ll want that in the heat of a Missouri summer!) or heat, cable TV, and a deck complete with a charcoal BBQ grill. The full kitchen includes dishes, silverware and pots and pans. Unlike many other cabins, Cooper Creek supplies towels and linens – saving extra space in the trunk.
When Amanda Topinka and her family visited, her boys loved going down to the dock to watch the ducks and fish. Then they headed to the nearby playground where they could run wild and get their wiggles out.
Even better, when her toddler left his bee-bee (blankie) at the resort, resulting in a nightmare of a first night back home, the thoughtful staff at Cooper Creek saved the day. They sent the blankie priority so her little sweetie could sleep peacefully the next night!
Why Cooper Creek Resort and Campground Works for Families
- Boat rentals and boat slips are available.
- Central location makes it easy to access all of the Branson fun.
- Lake Taneycomo is stocked annually with 750,000 10-inch and 12-inch rainbow and brown trout and fishing access is available all day at the resort.
- The 22 cabins include a fully equipped kitchen and come with linens and towels.
- Two swimming pools
415 State Highway 265
Branson, MO 65616
This lakeside resort has been voted #1 Missouri resort by U.S. News & World Report and One of the Top Destinations in the U.S. by TripAdvisor. And it’s not hard to see why! At the Chateau on the Lake Resort Spa & Convention Center, families can enjoy a wide range of amenities including both an indoor and outdoor pool, a movie theater, tennis courts, nature trails, full-service marina and a kids club!
When it comes time to wind down, enjoy multiple options in fine dining and desserts—including a sweet shoppe with hand-dipped ice cream! At the end of the evening, retreat back to your spacious room or suite with views of the beautiful Table Rock Lake or Ambassador Mountains.
Why Chateau on the Lake Resort Spa & Convention Center Works for Families
- Many rooms and suites offer views of either Table Rock Lake or the Ambassador Mountains, plus private balconies with sliding glass doors.
- Two swimming pools.
- Family-friendly amenities such as a movie theater, tennis courts and nature trails.
- Take the complimentary shuttle to the marina and enjoy boat rentals, wave runners, water skiing, tubing, fishing and more from the private resort dock.
- Kids will love the kids club and hand-dipped ice cream at the resorts’ Sweet Shoppe.