Beat the heat at 9,500 feet elevation in the summer, or bundle up for world-class skiing and snowboarding in the winter. Cross the second highest bridge on the U.S. Highway system — if you...Read More
Best Family Vacation Deals
Where to Find the Best Family Vacation Deals
Traveling as a family is never cheap. But it can be affordable if you know where to find the best family vacation deals.
At TravelingMom, we comb the web and share the best family vacation deals on these pages. Are you looking for a great price on a week-long family cruise? We’ve got you covered. Do you want to buy three nights and get one free at a family friendly hotel in Orlando? Yep, we’ll bring you that as well. How about a great deal on a family vacation at Disney World? This is the page where you’ll find the latest, best deals for a week spent hanging out with Mickey Mouse.
Even after you get a great family vacation deal, there are lots of other ways to save money on a family vacation that can turn a good family vacation deal into the best family vacation deals.[caption id="attachment_91737" align="aligncenter" width="750"] Photo credit: Beaches Negril SnapShots photography[/caption]
How to Make the Best Family Vacation Deal Better
Some ways to save more money on a family vacation:
- Check Groupon and other daily deals sites for the destination where you’re headed. Chances are there will be deals for area restaurants, maybe even tickets to local attractions.
- Check the websites of the attractions you want to visit. Even some of the world’s most renowned museums have times of day or days of the week when entry is free.
- Check the museums, zoos and aquariums near your home to see if a membership there will gain you admission to the museums, zoos and aquariums where you will be visiting. Zoos, museums and aquariums across the country belong to associations that grant reciprocal admissions.
- Do the math. It’s possible it would be cheaper to buy a family membership to the attraction that buying day passes for each family member. This is especially if you have a large family.
- Do the free stuff. Every destination has free, family friendly things to do. To find free things to do where you’re headed, check out our map of the free things to do in the US.