Published on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:26
Written by Traveling Grandmom
Celebrate healthy eating while enjoying your family vacation during National Nutrition Month (March) by entering Destination Hotels & Resorts' second annual Kids’ Healthy Eating Recipe Contest beginning on March 1, 2012. The winner will receive a grand prize vacation giveaway including dinner and their winning dish prepared for and served by a Destination chef.
Below are additional details on the contest and how travelers can get involved:
- Travelers can submit their family’s favorite nutritious kid-friendly recipe on the Destination Hotels & Resorts community website, beginning March 1 through April 15.
- From March 1 to April 22, the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite recipe
- The 5 recipes with the most votes will go in front of a panel of professional DH&R chefs who will narrow it down to the top three healthiest dishes.
- The top three recipes will then be prepared for a special panel of kid judges who will taste test the recipes and vote on their favorite in order to determine the grand prize winner.
- All recipes submitted will be included in a digital cookbook sold online, from which all proceeds will benefit a national non-profit organization focused on nutrition and healthy lifestyle.
In addition to the contest, the nation’s third largest hospitality company, Destination Hotels, is encouraging healthy eating choices by providing the following:
- The array of professional chefs within the company’s prestigious culinary collection provide their expert tips & techniques on creating healthy, gourmet meals
- Many of the property restaurants will offer a special kids’ menu featuring healthy, kid-friendly dishes
- A digital cookbook of all the recipes submitted by consumers and Destination chefs will be available following the recipe contest
To enter the contest and learn more about healthy eating, readers can visit www.DestinationHotels.com/KidsRecipeContest.
Those that do enter the contest, please post a link to your recipe in the comments below, so the TravelingMom.com community can vote for you!
Photo courtesy of Destination Hotels & Resorts