Dream Big: Win A Galapagos Cruise
TakingtheKids.com, TravelingMom.com and Family Travel Forum have teamed up to make your Big Dream vacation come true aboard the National Geographic Endeavour!
All it takes to win this Dream Big Galapagos Expedition Adventure is some imagination, participation in our online scavenger hunt, and a spirit of adventure.
(Luck helps, but participation counts the most.)
Experience Galapagos with the Experts: Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic
Family vacations are more than R&R. They’re about building memories to last a lifetime. Guarantee more of those indelible memories by sharing an amazing cruise adventure to the Galapagos Islands with Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic, pioneers in exploring Galapagos.
Leave your luxury expedition ship by Zodiac to go ashore and get up close to giant tortoises, marine iguanas, curious sea lions and blue-footed boobies during daily hikes. Kayak, swim and snorkel together as you explore a new island each day of the 9-night/10-day expedition, encountering wildlife that has never developed a fear of humans.
The Lindblad-National Geographic expeditions team knows how to make a family vacation magical. Activities geared specifically to children and teens include a unique expedition photography program with a Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic certified Photo Instructor, a Crossing the Equator ceremony (yes, you cross the equator on this adventure), scavenger hunts; plus craft programs in which kids can make postcards and memory necklaces from recycled paper, learn knot-tying and enjoy a special pizza & movie night.
The A+ Expedition Leaders and Naturalists’ in-depth understanding of the islands guarantees days steeped in joy, wonder and engaging activities, whether you are 8 or 80.
Galapagos Family Adventure Cruise Specifics
The Families Dream Big Galapagos Expedition aboard the National Geographic Endeavour is a $20,000+ offer valid for two Category 1 cabins, each sleeping two. The giveaway is good for travel between February 1 and April 30, 2012, or September 1 and November 15, 2012, only. Airfare not included. Subject to availability by Lindblad Expeditions and excluding holiday blackouts. Confirmation is given 45 days prior to sailing. May not be combined with other offers; limitations and conditions apply. There is no age restriction, though such a trip may be better suited to children aged 8 and older.
How to Enter the Families Dream Big Contest
There are many ways to enter, by participating in our online scavenger hunt or on our social media pages. Remember that no matter where or how you participate, you’ll have to verify it by leaving a comment here so it will be considered an entry. You can enter once, or many times. More entries=more chances of winning. But it only takes one. So pick the entry that is easiest for you and get started.
1. The scavenger hunt
Take our scavenger hunt challenge. We’ve listed links to stories on Taking the Kids, TravelingMom and Family Travel Forum. Click on the questions below to go to the story. Then visit our contest entry page to post your comment or answer.
- One comment = one entry.
- Entries are limited to one comment or answer per question, but write as much as you’d like!
Scavenger hunt questions from Taking the Kids:
Which of these tips will you use or have you used to get better family vacation photos?
Which of these suggestions for getting kids out in nature have you tried or would you like to try?
Which of the animals on this Lindblad North Pole expedition would you most like to see and why?:
Scavenger hunt questions from Family Travel Forum:
- Which of the things in this diary would you like to experience and why?
- Which of the animals seen on this African safari would you most like to see and why?
- Which of these places would you most like to have a sleep over and why?
Scavenger hunt questions from TravelingMom:
- What would you say to your spouse in this situation?
- Which of the free US city zoos would you most like to visit and why?
- Which of these tips for saving money when flying have you used? Do you have other great tips?
2. Join the Conversation on Facebook
Participate on our Facebook pages (optional) for more chances to win. Visit our Facebook pages and leave a comment there, then post the link to your comment on our contest entry page Limited to four Facebook entries (one per FB page) per day. (To get a link to your post, click on the date stamp.)
- Leave a comment on TravelingMom on Facebook, then go to our contest entry page to tell us you did.
- Leave a comment on Taking the Kids on Facebook, then got to our contest entry page to tell us you did.
- Leave a comment on Family Travel Forum on Facebook, then go to our contest entry page to tell us you did.
- Leave a comment on Lindblad Expeditions on Facebook, then go to our contest entry page to tell us you did.
3. Help us promote the contest
Share the news with friends and family and earn more chances to win.
- Tweet about the contest. Suggested tweet: Win a family vacation to the Galapagos! http://bit.ly/pbf5lK #TMOM #DREAMBIG
- After tweeting, click on the date stamp to get a link to your tweet, then go to to our contest entry page and record your link in the comment section.
Please note, this is limited to one tweet entry per day so we don’t spam any of our friends.
Families Dream Big Contest Details
By entering the contest, you give us permission to share your email address with our sponsor, Lindblad Expeditions. If we don’t have your email address, please post it in the Comments Page so that this amazing adventure travel company can keep your family up to date on new trips.
- Contest closes at 12:01 am ET November 8, 2011.
- Winner will be chosen by random.org on Nov. 9 and notified via email
- Winner will have 48 hours to accept the prize. If the prize has not been accepted by the deadline, a new winner will be chosen.
- By accepting the prize, winner agrees to allow TravelingMom, Taking the Kids and Family Travel Forum to post publicly his or her name and agrees to supply photos taken during the trip to be posted on all three sites.
Please! Read the legal fine print here.
All images used with permission.