Disney Hollywood Studios
Our family prefers the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT to this park or Animal Kingdom. However, both of those parks also have a few things we consider Must Do attractions.
- Rockin’ Roller Coaster. Warning: This coaster goes upside down. It also has a rocket launcher and you go 0-60 in about 3 seconds to begin the ride. My 8yo daugher LOVES it (and so do I).
- The Muppets in 3-D
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show: A riveting stunt show that gives you insight into how they DO that! You and your kids will be on the edge of your seats.
- Fantasmic! This is Disney Hollywood Studios’ version of fireworks. They incorporate characters, fire, water, and everything in between. The use of water as a movie screen is particularly cool. No matter where you sit, you’ll be able to see.
- Don’t forget to eat at Sci-Fi Drive-In. This is by far the best dining experience, in my family’s opinion. We
love to sit in the cars and watch the old sci-fi clips on the drive-in screen. You will definitely need to make ADRs if you want to ensure you have a chance to eat here. It’s usually full.
- Toy Story. This is a new ride and is so much fun! Everything is jumbo-size as you come into the ride–as if you are a toy in Andy’s room. This ride is one big video game and you use your shooter to hit objects (e.g., plates) on the screens you pass by. Tip: When you arrive at Disney Hollywood Studios get your Fastpass for the Toy Story ride immediately. Yes, even before you ride anything else. This is a new ride and very popular. The wait is often more than an hour. Remember, Fastpasses do run out so you’ll want to get one early even if it means you can’t come back to ride until later that afternoon.