Aug. 1 Twitter Party 2: Travel Heroes
Was your family vacation saved by a Good Samaritan? Have you rescued a weary traveler? Was there a random act of kindness or some small act of heroism that became your favorite family vacation memory? Share your stories of travel heroes with us during our Aug. 1 #TMOM Monday Twitter party.
Travel Guard, the travel insurance company behind the World’s Unluckiest Traveler Contest, is our sponsor. The company’s new contest, World’s Unluckiest Traveler 2: The Rescue, rewards good Samaritans who have rescued travelers in trouble. You can nominate your hero here. If your story wins, you get two plane tickets and your hero gets a $10,000 vacation.
Whatever your story, join us from 9-10 pm ET on Aug. 1 to share it with us. It will be fun and inspirational. (And we’ll have prizes.) All the details are below.
And please join for a special edition of TMOM at 8 pm ET on Aug. 1. Details on that party and how to wins prizes are here.
Wondering what the heck is a Twitter party? We can help.
WHEN: Aug. 1, 9-10 pm ET (8-9 pm CT; 7-8 pm MT; 6-7 pm PT)
WHAT: Twitter party – Travel Heroes
HOW to JOIN: Follow the hashtags #TMOM #WUT2
Along with this fun discussion, Travel Guard is offering prizes. You can be eligible to win a Kindle and some cool Travel Guard swag just for RSVPing here.
There are four ways to enter:
1. RSVP for the party below by leaving your Twitter handle. If you don’t have a Twitter handle, you can still enter by leaving a comment below telling us why you aren’t on Twitter (i.e. “It’s stupid,” or “How can I say anything important in 140 characters or less?”)
2. If you are on Twitter and would like an additional entry, help us spread the word about TravelingMom Monday by tweeting:
Have u rescued a weary traveler? Been helped by a random act of kindness? Share ur story on #TMOM 8/1, 9pmET. RSVP: http://bit.ly/oLXco1
Then leave the link to the tweet here. (To get a link to your tweet, simply right click on the time and date stamp below your tweet. It will take you to the page and give you the link. Clip and paste the link below in the comments section.) Remember, you only get credit for this entry if you leave the link to your tweet in the comment section below. You may tweet as often as you like and get a new entry for each tweet but remember: There is a fine line between being promotional and spamming your followers.
Prizes and details subject to change and subject to availability. All winners will be chosen using random.org. You will have 48 hours to respond and claim your prize. Winners please DM your address to @TravelingMoms and allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
Our Bloggers’ Travel Hero Stories:
- B .C. (Before Cellphones) What a touching story: “…lucky there was a professional car thief in the parking lot!”
- The Wet Rat Story Jennifer tells a funny story where SHE was the hero giving out random kindness to a stranger. Love that!
- Air Travel Kindness Melissa changed seats to SIT NEXT TO a screaming baby and the dad in charge to help out! Would you do that?
- Unlucky Crabbing Trip “…and then all of a sudden, we both threw the net in!” A memorable trip, but no crabs that time!
- Stuck in the Cold “What a relief to find such kind and caring people to offer us help and comfort!”